Malta is one of the most optimal jurisdictions in Europe for companies that intend to conduct trade activities in the territory of the European Union.
Malta is not a classic offshore company. Taxes in the country are quite high, for example, the income tax is 35%. However, due to the privileged taxation of dividends, it is possible to significantly reduce the overall burden. The VAT rate in Malta is 18%, and certain types of goods and services are subject to reduced VAT rates of 5% and 7%. In the event that a non-resident receives a dividend, the company may request a partial refund - the tax rate in this case will be about 5%. Also, in Malta there is no tax on repatriation in the payment of dividends.
Features of jurisdiction
- It is not an offshore and is not listed in any of the blacklists;
- Not on the TC list;
- A simple procedure for assigning VAT numbers;
- A large number of agreements on avoidance of double taxation concluded, including with Ukraine;
- There are no requirements for the residence of company participants;
- Information about the beneficiary of the company is confidential (it is not filed in the register).
Ways of using the company
Companies in Malta are opened primarily for the purpose of doing business in the European market. In addition, given the developed legislation in the sphere of gambling, this jurisdiction is the optimal solution for the development of online casino, e-commerce and e-commerce (Forex) activities. Also, very often in the territory of Malta register ships.
Company registration procedure
To register a company in Malta, you must provide the following documents:
- Several variants of the name for verification.
- A package of documents for shareholders, directors and the beneficiary, which includes:
- a civil passport, a driving license or a foreign passport;
-confirmed address of residence.
- Information about the expected type of the company's activities and the geography of doing business.
|Type of company||Private limited company;|
|The company registration period||20-25 working days;|
|AUTHORISED SHARED CAPITAL||1200 EUR;|
|PAID IN SHARED CAPITAL||240 EUR;|
|Taxation||Income tax is 35%;|
|The minimum number of shareholders||One (provided that the director of the company is an individual) or two (in case the director of the company is a legal entity);|
|The minimum number of directors||One (natural or legal person, non-resident or resident);|
|Availability of information about the company's members||Information about directors, shareholders, secretary is available publicly;|