Latvia has been a member of the European Union since 2004. This state attracts businessmen with a liberal tax regime and a democratic tax rate on profits for trading companies.
Features of jurisdiction
- Not an offshore country;
- Is not included in the list of TCs and is not listed in any of the "black lists";
- There is no tax on dividends;
- A large number of agreements on avoidance of double taxation concluded, including with Ukraine;
- There are no requirements for the residence of company participants;
- One of the most profitable tax rates in Europe;
- Simplified procedure for Schengen visa and residence permit.
Ways of using the company
Companies with Latvian residence permit are often opened for the purpose of doing business in the European market, especially in the areas of transport and logistics services. In this jurisdiction, you can register a company with an authorized capital of 1 EUR and have the opportunity to engage in the same activities as companies with an authorized capital of 2,800 EUR or more.
Company registration procedure
To register a company in Latvia, you must provide:
- Several variants of the name for verification.
- A package of documents for shareholders, directors and the beneficiary, which includes:
- a civil passport, a driving license or a foreign passport;
- confirmed address of residence.
- Information about the proposed type of the company's activities and geography of doing business.
Company requirements For companies with a capital of 2800 EUR, is credited to a bank account;
|Type of company||Limited liability company of Latvia (SIA);|
|Term of registration of the company||20 working days;|
|AUTHORISED SHARED CAPITAL||Standard - from 2800 EUR;|
|PAID IN SHARED CAPITAL|
|Taxation||Profits tax -20%|
Tax at source when paying income:
|The minimum number of shareholders||One;|
|Minimum number of directors||One;|
|Availability of information about the company's members||Information about the founders, directors, shareholders - is available;|